Tuesday, August 08, 2006

You lost what?

A male caller wanted to report his gun as 'missing'. That sets off your radar. A missing weapon has the potential to be a real problem. What if a kid finds it? So, I asked where it was missing from.

Well, it was in his friends car. It got broken into. . . While he and his buddy were shopping at the outlets. . . He left the gun in the car. What a thoughtful young man! His mother must be proud.

Silent groan ~ I should have seen that coming, but it was early in the shift. That fresh, ready to help, ready to make a difference feeling is usually shattered much sooner each day. I didnt know whether to be glad that it wasn't in our jurisdiction, or upset that I couldn't send an officer to cite him for something or at least lecture him.

Breath in, breath out and answer the next call...

3 comments:

PJ said...

Stupidity is free. Isn't it wonderful!

Wadical said...

Alright...you know I gotta bite on this one.(forgive me)

But exactly what did this young man do wrong? I guess it's hard for me to see because I live in a very conservative southern state where people are allowed to carry their firearms in their cars provided the firearm is, according to Florida Statutes, "not readily accessible".

My wife carries her pistol in her car. I carry mine...only, because I'm licensed to carry it concealed, mine goes with me and doesn't stay in my car. I'm sure California is a little different....OK...ALOT different. Perhaps reporting your gun stolen in California is like reporting your crack stolen here in Florida....am I right?

Rebecca said...

*Warning Unrelated* Hey, It's Rebecca, I wanted to tell you something but not in "public" Email me when you get a chance at waiting4thepot2boil@yahoo.com, K? Thanks!