Friday, August 25, 2006

Doctor updates

R came back home last night. She is on a medication she has to take every 4 hours to avoid going into labor again. Apparently the insurance company is only authorizing half the amount of meds that she needs. The doctors felt confident they could get the auth for the correct amount if they contacted the insurance company, so we have to wait and see. Waterboy said the meds make her really shaky, but as bad as it sounds, maybe that will keep her from trying to do too much. I can't imagine being told to be still and not do anything. It would be incredibly frustrating, seeing everything that needs to be done around you. I feel really bad that I have to work every day for the next 2 weeks (3 days in Baltimore aside). Mom and Dobug will be helping out when they can. R's mom is still in WW with Mary I think. She just had a little girl, Zoe. And yes, I'm sure that adds to some of R's emotional load/anxiety. R is having a boy btw! I can't wait to have 2 nephews!! Loved spending time with Little Buddy. He is just adorable, he talks your ear off and you can understand about half of it.

And in not so important news, the MRI of my neck came back. After all the nerve scans and chiropractor apts, and massage apts, I was thinking maybe it was all in my head since all the tests for carpal tunnel or nerve damage came back negative. But turns out its in my neck! Doc said I have 3 disks that are slightly "protruding" and cause transient pressure on the nerves going down my arms. See! I knew I wasn't crazy. Sometimes the pain in my hands is excruciating, but I could never pinpoint the exact activities that caused it (other than softball, which sadly I had to give up). I had figured out that when my neck and shoulders would get really tense after a bad day at work,, I could pretty much count on my hands hurting the next day. So I have been going to a chiropractor and it has really been helpful in preventing hand pain. So the 'cure' at this point is to take anti-inflammatories, which I have been doing. So we shall see. The comforting thing is that they actually found something. I have been fighting this for so long I really was beginning to wonder if it was just psychosomatic.

No comments: