Sunday, July 08, 2007

Aubrey Mae

My best friend had her baby while I was back in CA! And yes, it's taken me this long to upload photos. Miss Aubrey was 7lb 10oz and 19.5". I am tickled pink for them and can't wait to see what kind of person she'll grow up to be.


As you can see, I finished the quilt!! Finally!! And just in time too. I also made the pillow that has her name cross-stitched in it. I had a great time in CA. Two weeks seemed like a really long time, but I had a lot of fun with my sister, nephews, my brother and sister in law, Mom, grandparents etc. I really miss my family, but NJ feels like home now. We have had a whirlwind of company over for meals at our house this week, all of them have been fun, but I'm looking forward to relaxing today.

I went to see Disney's Ratatouille yesterday and it is really cute. I highly recommend it! Dobug, see if you can find Pixar's Lifted. It's hysterical and worth getting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the new parents!!!

The quilt looks great. I'm sure it'll be something she treasures when she grows up.

Isn't it funny how someplace so different can feel like home so fast. Illinois still feels more like home than California. And I was born here.

Mary said...

What a precious little baby! They look like very happy parents. There's nothing like a new baby.

The Chatty Housewife said...

Congratulations to the new mom and dad. What a sweet looking baby. I like the quilt a lot, especially the retro dog material and the bows. I was expecting ties, so the bows surprised me and they look really good! You did a good job.

Anonymous said...

And you visited a good friend, HT

HotRodHanna said...

Yes HT! It was fun to catch up! I have been a lazy blogger and didnt give ALL the details of the trip. :)

Rebekah said...

I love the name Aubrey. The quilt looks great. My creative juices have been dry lately and I am needing to get quilting or cross stitching. Hopefully with the girls getting older, I can get back into my "arts"