Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Outside

It is not nice outside. It was 18 F on the way home from meeting tonight. I take some consolation in the fact that the locals are freezing too, and they say this is a little unusual. My car is not happy either. She refuses to give me power steering for the first 15 minutes or so in the morning, and even then she is making noises I've never heard before. Poor car. My wiper fluid is frozen solid too. I wear gloves in the car. No, not as a fashion statement, although I had considered it,... it's just REALLY cold.

I ventured outside, on my own, today to go shopping. After staying inside all day yesterday I figured I needed to get out. You have to be really motivated to leave the house when its so cold. Walking in and out of warm buildings and warm car into frigid wind that stings your face gave me a headache. It's no wonder people here get sick so often, that can't be good for you but I don't see anyway around it. Anyway....with map in hand I tootled off to the mall, driving a measly 45 because my car apparently refusing to shift when she's too cold too. I did have to smile though... get ready folks.... gas is $1.96. (And if you're not jealous enough, they pump it for us out here!) I gleefully rubbed my gloved hands together, thinking that maybe this place isn't so bad.... : )

Hubby drove his Mountaineer to work today and found another little surprise the boys had left him. Apparently they hooked a horn up under the rear bumper so that it would honk every time he stepped on the brake or used his turn signal (just the left one). I about died laughing when he told me, imagining his consternation and the look of bewilderment that must have crossed his face. Not to mention the looks from the drivers around him. I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes, I wish I could have been there to see it.

1 comment:

SAJ said...

It's so cool to keep up with you this way! It's like a window into another world for me.

I'll have to post lots of pictures of cats and warm weather to make sure you miss us lots and move back.