Thursday, February 15, 2007

Moving Day


Today I finally got my things. Wahoo! I have been living out of a suitcase for nearly 4 weeks. I can't believe guys can function with only 3 pairs of shoes, if even that many. I was going nuts, AND my feet were freezing. We got all but one box, which the driver claims he was never given at the warehouse, yet it was on his list... But one missing out of 108 isn't bad. One box split open too apparently and they just dumped the contents into another box. Well, now I am missing a much loved hat box (they gave me just the top to it), and 3! black wool hats, 2 of which were vintage. I am really bummed. Sure, they are sending claim forms to fill out,, but I loved my hats. :( The fact that I have no idea what was in the missing box is very disturbing too. They just describe the boxes or items on their manifests, they don't list what is inside them.

Mark and Andrea came over with their 2 boys and Kate. They were all a tremendous help. It had mercifully stopped raining and snowing, but we still set up a fire brigade line to bring things in and up the stairs, so as to save the carpet. Andrea and Kate helped me unpack and put away all my kitchen stuff. It was bitter cold out today, in the 20's with winds gusting up to 40 mph. Verrrry chilly.

In other news... Sara is having a baby girl. I'm so excited, my best friend is having a baby!

1 comment:

Kedge said...

There is no pain like losing a one-of-a-kind favorite thing. No chance of replacing it, too. What a loss! Sentimental, to boot!