Thursday, February 15, 2007

FUZZ plague

HELP!!?! I have a serious fuzz problem and it's driving me crazy. Have you ever noticed that when you get new towels, they leave fuzzy stuff all over you when you dry off? Very annoying, so I am washing my new towels several times to help with that. When I took the first load out of the washer, I panicked thinking a Kleenex had gotten in the load. Nope, it was fuzz. Mutant, multiplying fuzz. I have washed those towels TWICE in a row so far. And I run the dryer for 20 minutes, clean out the very full lint trap, and run them again. Over and over, the fuzz keeps coming. This is the dryer lint from 2 loads. It's ridiculous. I even tried picking some of it off the towels before I put them in the dryer, but it didn't seem to help.

Does anyone know how to treat towels for fuzz? Or is there anything that can be done other than washing them over and over again?

3 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

You can add a cup of vinegar to the wash so the colors don't fade from all the washing. Don't use softener sheets or liquid, because it builds up and makes the towels less absorbent, and also more stinky in the long run.

As for fuzz, I have no clue. The Mr. and I have been married 5 years and some of our guest towels are still a little linty.

Cheesy Idea: use it all as art. (Google it- there are some weird people out there.)

http://www.studiocapezzuti.com/lint/lintguys.htm

Rebekah said...

Interesting, I knew the softner making them less abdorbant but not less stinky....and vinegar. I'll have to try that.
glad you got your stuff. sorry about your hat box. but 1 or 2 boxes out of 108 isnt bad

Unknown said...

I read some where that to get the lint off to was with a piece of nylon net...it is not easy to find...I finally bought one of the childrens bug catchers and cut the net off that..haven't tried it yet...kathie