Thursday, September 21, 2006

Wedding planning

I am slowly loosing my mind. There is sooo much to think about, so many little decisions to make it's a little overwhelming. It seems like every day I have a new checklist I have to go through, and the lists are never ending! There is still the anxiety about the guest list, we are locked into the venue we have, so I will just make it work. Vegas seems more appealing each day,, but then I remember that I really do want that one special day to get all dressed up etc. I'm trying to buy little things for the wedding as I go along, so I don't have to spend a lot all at once in December. We just got estimates online for how much it will cost to move and I almost cried. I nievely thought about those 19.99 a day signs for Uhauls that you see.. so it could be that much right? It will only takes 4-5 days to drive cross country, plus gas money,, it shouldn't be too bad. Ooooh no. It's like $2500 to rent, and that doesn't include gas. I have been checking all the websites and different companies that offer trucks. Ug. I hate worrying about money AND the thought of driving a big truck with my car in tow in the middle of January. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, eh?

I started my dress! I'm helping kedge make it. After several hours on Tues we finished the center piece of the bodice. Woohoo. I am rediculously slow because its been a while since I was working on clothes. Thank you kedge for being patient with me! And for fitting me into your schedule!

1 comment:

FroneAmy said...

I hate to say it but Jim and I went through the same thing..."Why aren't we haven't a beach wedding somewhere?" but I HAD to do everything right....now in retrospect, if we had to do it all over again, we'd have a beach wedding on Grand Cayman or Oahu, that way only the select few people you really want to be there will be the only ones present!

The planning is ridiculously stessful, but it's fun. You might find yourself trying to help plan other weddings after yours is done, because then you miss the planning...GOOD LUCK with everything, and I hope it all goes according to plan.
Amy