Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's finally mine

I have been working a lot lately, and frankly when I'm off I'd rather sleep than do anything else. I have a different trainee now who is working on phones and fire dispatching which is a lot easier than the last one.. but she keeps me busier so I haven't blogged much.

One noteworthy item though, I paid off my car!! I am so jazzed. The thought of taking out a loan for a car was terrifying at the time because I hate money issues, but it's all paid off! And early too! On Thursday, I woke up (in the middle of the night for me), and went down to the credit union to make the final payment and pick up the pink slip. What a sense of triumph! Holding that slip in my hot little hand I drove straight to the DMV. When I got to the desk at DMV, the lady said 'You paid off your car, congratulations!' Beaming, and tickled pink that someone noticed, I told her thanks (reaching around to pat myself on the back). Its a big deal to me, especially with moving and all. It's nice to have it all paid off and the feeling of accomplishment is wonderful.

3 comments:

ioi said...

Congratulations! How long have you had it?

HotRodHanna said...

it's an 02 Camry. I love it, and will probably drive it till it dies! :)

Tracy said...

Congrats! What a nice feeling not to have that dept over ones head! I am happy for you.