Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Kangaroo

Dispatcher: 911 what are you reporting?
Caller: A kangaroo just ran through my backyard!
Dispatcher: Are you sure it was a kangaroo?
Caller: [Indignant] Yes!
Dispatcher: [sigh, rub temples] Ok. How can I help you this afternoon?
Caller: Can't you send an officer out to take care of it? I need to know what I should do.
Dispatcher: What do you mean, what should you do?
Caller: Well, are they dangerous?
Dispatcher: Probably not. Did it harm you in anyway?
Caller: No.
Dispatcher: Did it cause any property damage?
Caller: No. It just ran through my backyard.
Dispatcher: Ok. Have you had any alcohol or recreational drugs this afternoon?
Caller: No! I'm not lying! It really was a kangaroo!
Dispatcher: Uh, huh. Well, if it didn't do any damage, there really isn't anything I can help you with. I'm glad you're ok though.
Caller: Do you thinks it's ok? I didn't know we had kangaroos here. Will it come back? Now I'm worried about it. Will it be ok out there?
Dispatcher: I'm sure it's fine. It's probably gone back to its family in the desert.
Caller: They live out there?
Dispatcher: Yep. Under the sagebrush. Thank you for calling. [disconnect] Hey guys! You wont believe this idiot that just called!

Yes. These people walk amongst us.





1 comment:

SAJ said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!