Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I'm an RP

This afternoon I had to be an R/P (reporting party). Normally I try not to give my co-workers more work to do if it's not really a big deal. Why do dispatchers call in abandoned vehicles on their way home from work. Have you learned nothing? Drive straight home, do not look at the transients, do not pass go. This was a little more serious. I tried to ignore the female yelling outside my window at 4 pm, but by 5pm when she was still yelling and throwing rocks at the house next door, I was ready to go out and yell at her. I dragged myself out of bed to look out the window and saw a female pounding on the door of the house. I watched the door open and a man grab her by the hair and drag her into the house. (NOW I have a dilemma. Dragging people by the hair is bad,,, but she IS quiet now...) I decided to call, if she wound up dead I would feel REALLY bad. Before I had finished giving descriptions of the subjects involved, she comes flying out the door. It looked like she probably had a little help. Terrific. I tried to lay back down because the noise had subsided. And wouldn't you know she was gone by the time officers got there? Grrrr. I found out when I got into work that the officers took a 243(E)1 listing the male as the victim. Whatever. The interesting thing was that when they went inside the house, they found about 75 marijuana plants he was growing in his closet, for medical purposes of course. He had the proper documents though, which is such a joke. You just never really know who your neighbors are....

4 comments:

Kedge said...

I've got neighbors who want me to report on other neighbors about child abuse. We hear yelling and smacking, cursing and crying, on a regular basis from an adjacent unit. If it is prolonged, maybe I will, otherwise, hasn't anybody heard of bratty kids? (Who's fault is that is another issue)

Wadical said...

Holy crap! You do have a blog! All this time I thought you didn't. Why doesn't your profile link to it?

Uhhh...where can I get some of them "proper documents"?

Rebecca said...

Ok, I am all caught up on your blog and I will now check in faithfully. :)

SAJ said...

HRH! You are opening my eyes into a whole new world and it is FASCINATING!!! I had no idea there were so many 911 bloggers out there. Why must you do this to me? Don't you know I have a kid to take care of and dishes to wash and a catbox to clean?