Friday, March 30, 2007

Sis is here


It's so good to have her here, I have missed my family soooo much. My cat too. I begged her to sneak Squeak into her suitcase, but Hubby said no way. We went to DC on Monday and went to an art museum. My sister is very knowledgeable about art and was explaining otherwise meaningless globs of paint to us in a way that actually made them interesting! DC was beautiful with blooms everywhere, and the weather was fantastic. On Tuesday we went to the DC Zoo. I love zoos. One of my favorite animals is the Meerkat, and they happened to have a baby one there! I was tickled pink. They are hysterical to watch. Last night Hubby, Sis and I went up to Philly to see the Tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute. It was absolutely amazing. They have a lot of the artifacts found in Tut's tomb along with many others dating further back. Its weird to look at everyday items like a child's chair, and think that a child was actually sitting in it 3300 years ago. (Did I do the math right? ~1330 BC?) What were they like? What did they look like? Did I mention I love history? Hubby really likes Egyptian art and architecture so he really enjoyed it as well. Tomorrow we are off to Philly to do some more sightseeing.

3 comments:

ioi said...

Awww! That meerkat is soo cute! I'm glad DoBug got to come visit. I remember missing my family just after I got married. Eventually it's not quite as bad, but you'll always miss them.

Raylori said...

Sounds like you two got a lot of activities in while she was there. Thats good. You'll be here in a month. Hopefully it'll go fast for you. I have to admit that I've never had an interest in art. But the Tut exhibit sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

Rapunzel's favorite animal is the meerkat also. I think it's partly because she likes Timon.