Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Missing home



I had the worst craving for shrimp cocktail. Not the kind they have here though, which consists of just shrimp and dipping sauce. Back home the mexican restaurants would serve it more like a soup. La Casita near where I used to work had the best. So, I decided to make my own. Start with homemade salsa, then add shrimp, avocado, cucumber, cocktail sauce, ketchup, green onion, and cilantro. Man, I love that stuff. Served with tortilla chips, it hit the spot. Hubby actually liked it too!

6 comments:

familymclean said...

That sounds so good!!! what are the specific measurements, if there are any. If I could learn to make that my Mexican brother-in-law would be so proud!

The Chatty Housewife said...

MMMMM. That sounds so good.

Rebekah said...

that sounds yum-o-licious.

HotRodHanna said...

Oh dear. I just start dumping stuff together till it looks right. I'm guessing on these measurements. Mine in the picture didn't turn out as soupy as I remembered it, so experiment till you find what you like!

4 c salsa (determines how hot
it turns out)
2 c cocktail sauce
1 c ketchup (more for more
vinegar taste)
1 cucumber
1 avacado
1/2 c grn onion
2 more tomatoes
2 T. more cilantro
2 c cooked shrimp (or more if you want to)

Anonymous said...

Yay, the fishy plates! I remember those. You are becoming more like Aunty R- ! :-)

familymclean said...

I will give it a shot, Thanks!