Monday, March 12, 2007

Play Day

For all of you enjoying California sunshine, I would just like to point out that it has snowed twice since I posted last. I have uttered "it is such a nice day" a few times, and felt really guilty/annoyed/deceived when I realized it was only in the 50's.

On Saturday, Kate, Jodi, and Jolene came over and went through all of my 'dress up' clothes I have collected over the years. They were having so much fun trying them on and parading around the house I had to bring out the hats and gloves too. I wish I still fit into some of those!
Yes, that is my wedding dress. I didn't mind really. I'm not planning on wearing it again, and they might as well have fun with it. I want to make sure its taken care of though. One of my many fond memories of playing at Grandma F's was that she let us play with her wedding dress. It was out of really heavy (for a little girl) cream satin, and I remember feeling sooo elegant as I pranced around the house and down the stairs in it.

3 comments:

familymclean said...

Tea parties at your house must be so much fun!!!

Anonymous said...

No fair, I'm missing out on the dress-up party again! That's great the girls could come over. The brown straw hat with the white satin and tulle covering looks awesome with your wedding dress! I don't remember you ever wearing it before.

Rebekah said...

Fun Fun