Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yellow


I have been feeling a little out of control lately, so I decided to tackle a project: redecorating the laundry room... by myself. It was either that, or get my hair cut. No one goes in the laundry room but me, so I figured there would be no harm in giving it a whoorl. I found a yellow that I really liked on the paint chip, but now that its on the wall I'm a little undecided. It seems a bit more in-your-face than I intended. I was thinking more antique-y. Too late now! I was however, quite impressed with myself! It only took about 3 hours to paint the whole thing! I found some mahogany stain and I am going to try to make some shelves next. I have some antique tin signs that I want to hang up also. I read that if you are painting a small space that you should paint the ceiling too, so that there isn't an abrupt starting/stoping line at the ceiling... making the room appear smaller. I pondered this, and decided to try it. I think they are right! I will post more pictures as the project progresses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the laundry room! Wasn't it October that we shopped Home Depot for painting inspiration?

Wish we could be tackling projects together, miss you!

Glenda Conner said...

Oh I think it's awesome H! I would definately be more cheery doing laundry in that color room Ü NOT!

Anonymous said...

oh yes, your laundry room looks HUUUUGE now, lol!!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

you're right, it doesn't look anything like the paint chip...but i like it. a very cheery color for a not so cheery chore!
xoxo, Laura