Sunday, July 13, 2008

Beach Day

Saturday was beach day, or as they say here, we went to the "shore". The kids looked like they had a great time, Hubby got to play some volleyball, and I brought my camera! We have dunes and boats at the shore! I miss seeing the piers of CA, there is a pier in Atlantic City with shops on it, but its not the same as having one every 2 miles or so that you can walk on, fish off of, etc. It was a beautiful day, 80's and humid as usual though. And they have bitting FLIES here!! I hadn't encountered them before, but Yikes! They are huge and they hurt when they bite!! Hubby said they are called green-heads. Me no like. All in all, a good day though. I got to play with the black&white setting on my camera. Here are a few of my pictures! I am really frustrated with slide.com, I can't get some of the pictures to rotate. Grrr.
My niece refused to smile most of the time, but she is very photogenic if you are patient... and yes, that is a very sandy sandwich she is holding. It lasted a painfully long time, and she ended up eating the whole thing. Ew.

1 comment:

Glenda Conner said...

Well H, it might not be CA but at least your beach (shore) has crashing waves. Our lap Ü