Saturday, May 03, 2008

Springtime in NJ

Spring is here! The cherry trees are done blooming, and I wasn't quick enough to take pictures of those. Even the dogwoods look like they are almost done, but the colors are still stunning. Blooms from white to dark pink they brighten up the landscape. The woods are getting greener by the day, and now the azaleas are blooming too! Darrah, Erika and I went for a walk yesterday,,, to try to induce labor. We stopped at WaWa for a sandwich, picked some lilacs on the side of the road then took a chocolate break. We strolled around for 2 hours- smelled the flowers, picked a few and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pics!!!! That was so much fun!

Raylori said...

So Beautiful! Looks like fun to be able to do that. I am glad you have so good friends back there. I am sure that helps being so far from the rest of your family. Too bad Calif. doesn't have such pretty flowers!

ioi said...

those pictures are amazing! I think the gray backgound dogwood was my favorite.