Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A sad day in Mudville...or Philly. Whatever.

The Flyers lost, again. But this time we witnessed it in person. It was bad, very bad. Hubby and I drove up to Philly to watch Game 3 in Round 3 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. It has been very exciting, and we were hoping they would win (since they lost the last 2 games in Pittsburg) since they were at home. The whole night was a bit rocky. To start with, parking was a nightmare. There was a baseball game starting 30 min before the hockey game... and the stadiums are across the street from each other. It took us over an hour to park. Then we start watching the game and it got worse. I think 'Penguins' is an odd name for a team of large, aggressive, sweaty men, but what do I know? They beat the pants off us, on our home turf, in front of a sold out stadium. I won't bore you all with details. Then it took about 2 hours to drive what normally takes 1 hour, mainly because the parking lot was so jammed up. We did get free bright orange XL tshirts! This is the only time you will ever catch me wearing orange. I am partially deaf now, but I had a great time yelling and screaming! Maybe next year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome! I hope you enjoyed the game... nothing beats the playoff atmosphere.... except maybe a WIN

I'll never forget the playoff game that Scott took me to a few years back... if I remember correctly one of the flyers had a hat trick -- or at least we thought at the time until they gave another player credit for one of the goals. The ice was littered with hats and the place was LOUD. - Peter