Friday, January 04, 2008

Sick, Again

I am so tired of being sick. I had a hacking cough for most of December and now it looks like Hubby and I both have bad colds. My face and head feels like I had a run in with a cinder block while I was asleep. It is not pretty when both of us are sick, it's downright lousy. We both stay in our pj's all day, and neither of us feel like doing anything. So, the cereal bowls begin piling up. Real healthy when you're sick, but I am not in the mood to cook, and he isn't exactly volunteering to do it either. I want my mommy! Mom's are the best when you're sick. They always know which drugs to give you and take great care of you. Oh man, what am I going to do when we have kids and I get sick?? Is there a pre-plan for that?!

Our New Years was good. We went to Erika's for a dinner party, ate great food, played some Scattagories and chatted it up with friends. Then we stopped by Mark and Andrea's where a YP's bash was in full swing. The adults were playing a game called CatchPhrase, which has a handheld electronic thingy that you pass around the room. It randomly comes up with words in particular categories and you have to make your team guess the word. Kind of a cross between verbal Pictionary and Taboo. It was hilarious, and a blast to play! For anyone that likes Pictionary, look into this game- its perfect for large groups. So then we headed home, being the old people that we are. We arrived home just in time to see the ball drop, then we fell asleep. Wahoo. That was our evening.

Hubby is taking me down to Atlanta for our Anniversary! He has some work to do for JohnR down there, but then we'll have a little relaxation time. AND..... I booked another trip back to CA! I am so excited. I miss the boys so much! The problem is fitting in time to see everybody while I'm there. I'll be there 1/29- 2/6.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE!!! You are totally sick again?!?! I am so sorry. I cannot believe what time you wrote this! Wow, you MUST be hurtin'.

Oh and when you have kids, it's ok, the make you smile and get your behind out of bed! Somehow it makes you feel better. I promise! I feel better today, I think it's because of all the water I have to drink during the day (60 ounces) for the baby, it also helps to cleanse your system...so DRINK LOTS! water, that is. LOL!

The Chatty Housewife said...

I can't believe what a nasty cold/fly season this has been! I started with a bad cold in the middle of October, and since then I have had two other colds, bronchitis and the flu twice. Ick! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Kedge said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I thought of you yesterday when I dusted and straightened your dress. Still many compliments, many smiles.

Mary said...

We've been sick here for the last month! I've never had so many colds in my life. Little Miss Priss and I have pretty much been fighting colds for over a month. Somehow Mischievo escapes it. Matt has had a cough but it seems to be cleared up now. It's especially hard to be sick when you have kids and are pregnant! Especially if your kids are sick, too, and wake you up in the night. Little Miss Priss always has a hard time sleeping when she has a stuffy nose.