Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy Holidays!

Whew~ What a whirlwind past few weeks, and it's still going! Lots of company over, lots of invitations out. It has been fun, but a little exhausting. Cookies, did I mention all the cookies I've made? I even tackled Mom's famous Almond Roca! And like she has discovered, next year that's all I'm going to make! People love it and it is exceedingly easy to make! It was really weird not being at Burbank Conference this year, but we hope to be able to go next year. I had 10 people seated around our table Christmas Eve and it was so much fun. Did I mention I love to cook? :) Hubby's sister and her family were up from Florida and so his whole family came to dinner (just missing Jen who went to CA).
We even had our own little holiday party here. Pete and Niki were visiting from Iowa and the 4 of us girls got together again. We had a blast. We saw the idea in a magazine to have an 'Ornament Party', in which each guest brings an ornament as a gift for each of the other guests. It was a really cool idea! We only served hor'dourves, which even ended up being way more than we could eat. Erika brought an amazing Goat cheese and leek tart, amongst other things, and Darrah made bacon wrapped scallops and priscutto wrapped asparagus. All of us watched the movie "The Christmas Story" about Ralphie and his Red Rider BB Gun. Then, since the guys had a football game coming on at 8pm, we left to go to Darrah's next door. We changed into pj's, roasted marshmallows over the stove, played Scrabble and generally clowed around. So much fun!



I tried to make Christmas cards this year! Yea for the effort, but I didn't get around to nearly as many as I wanted to send out!! So some of you may be getting them in the days to follow, consider them as early MLK Jr. Day greetings. So for everyone out there,,, here is the official Photoshop-ed picture for 2007. Yes, that is our condo in the background.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rapunzel got a Red Ryder for Christmas. We made her watch the movie Christmas Eve. she wasn't impressed, because she'd "seen it last year."

Anonymous said...

How come I'd never even heard of the movie until high school? Was that Jimmy's fault again?! :-)

I'm so glad P & N got to come back to visit! Yeah for big girl pajamma parties :-) I miss you!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Yes I missed seeing you at conference because I wanted to come up to you and say "Hi! It's me, The Chatty Housewife and I read your blog all the time!" But alas, you were not present!