Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers! Being a mom is the most important job any one could ever have! You are tasked with molding your little ones into the intelligent, responsible, productive adults of the future. No small task! My hat is off to you.


In other news, I tried another culinary experiment today. I usually do a crock pot roast on Sundays if we have company over. I was tired of doing the same recipe with minor variations, the meat always turns out great but it was getting boring. So, I found a crock pot recipe that calls for onions, red wine and a jar of mushroom spaghetti sauce as the 'juice' to cook the roast in for about 10 hrs on low. I sliced the roast, then made spaghetti and mixed it with the sauce. It turned out really good! Even I was surprised. The meat was a little drier than I hoped it would be but I reserved some sauce to use as 'gravy' which helped.

No comments: