Thursday, April 12, 2007

Branded

How's this for self-esteem? I get to drive around with this plastered on my windshield. NJ requires all vehicles to get 'inspected' every year. A team of disgruntled government employees pick over your car, slam on your brakes, honk your horn, test your gas cap and mess with your mirror and seat adjustments. It's all very humiliating but necessary I suppose to keep our roads safe. Then as a final insult they slap this sticker on my car. Something about having California numbers on my NJ insurance card. I failed inspection in my new home state! Ug. I was crushed. Especially since I had waited in line for 40 min and would have to do it all over again!

9 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

That's so weird! We don't have anything like that here. I guess if it is proven to keep the roads safer, it is for the best.

Anonymous said...

Ahh... well, I still love you! :-)

Rebekah said...

Ugh, I feel your pain. I had to do that in FL. I hated waiting in line

Wadical said...

Huh? I've lived in Florida for 17 years and have never had to get a vehicle inspection. Maybe they do things different down in south Florida where all the "green" leftwing moonbats live. Anyway...nothing like that here.

So do they let you still drive your car with that big red "I failed" sticker on it?

ioi said...

When is/was your mom's wedding scheduled for?

SAJ said...

well, I guess you'll just have to move back to California then

Unknown said...

NJ only requires you to get inspected every other year and they are not government workers. They are are private firm hired by the state (Parsons). http://www.parsons.com/mobil/projects/project02.asp

HotRodHanna said...

Bummer. As a former disgruntled gov't employee, it sounded so much more dramatic to call them that. I'm still learning the details of this state. Thanks for the correction!

Anonymous said...

omg that is sooo funny hrh! i died laughing when i first read this.