Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Showers in Hemet


Scarf knitted by Juliana
Originally uploaded by joleesikora.
My Aunt L. threw a personal shower for me! Since I already had nightgowns and whatnot, it was a 'winter accessories' party. I was given lots of useful winter gloves, scarves etc. Everyone has been so kind and generous, it has been a bit overwelming. This was a scarf my sister knitted for me. Love the color, and it has a special whole in it that I can feed it back through so it stays on my head! This other one was knitted by Comfortably Crazy. Those colors will go with everything! And its soft too!

Kedge and Becky, and many others I'm sure, put on a General Shower for me too! A fabulous winter theme, decorated in white feathers and white fuzzy scarfs. And the food as usual was fantastic as well. Ladies came from near and far to wish me well, and I really appreciate the effort they made to come. I received some wonderful gifts that will be very useful in our new home, and entertaining guests. I hope that we will see many of my west coast 'family' back east! Here is the quilt that the sisters have been working on for several months. Thanks again to all of you who worked on it~ It turned out beautifully, and I love the colors! I can't wait to get it 'home', and start decorating.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I grew up in FL and if the morning was chilly it was usually warm by the time school was out. My first year up here I wore shorts and a jean jacket to school one day. When school let out it was 20 degress colder and ***SNOWING***