Saturday, October 28, 2006

Resignation

It's official. I handed in my letter of resignation for my department. My last day isn't until Dec. 30th, but still.... it was really depressing to have to hand that in. I really like working here, granted sometimes they drive me crazy, but I'm going to miss all the excitement. I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie, so I'm not sure how I'm going to cope! Maybe in a year or so I'll look for another dispatching job, I think I'll be going thru withdrawal.

I was thinking I may try working for a temp agency right after I move, just because I have at least 4 major events that I need to fly back to CA for: Mom's wedding, Do's graduation, Sara's baby, Amy's wedding. I don't think any full time job is going to give me that much time off. Anyone have experience with temp work? What can I expect? I can't imagine the work is too demanding if they are only planning to keep the employee temporarily. I can answer phones, type fast and think on my feet, how hard could it be?

1 comment:

Becky said...

I've worked at a temp agency and they can be very helpful. It worked out well when I went to school part time. I think that would be a good idea for you when you move.