Friday, May 01, 2009

Flooring is here!!

IMG_8457a

It is so exciting to see all the beautiful wood floors.  Wood floors were rare in CA, or maybe I just wasn’t very observant. So it is really an exciting step for me! (Picture me wiggling in my chair)

IMG_8448a And… they finally installed the stones around the fireplace. Makes it look very cozy. :) We are a little leery of how yellow it looks, but they are in, and the carpet is ordered… not much we can do about it – so, why stress over it?  I will find some curtains to tie it all together. I am excited about paint too! We can’t make any alterations to the house until after closing, but we intend to paint before we move in. Just a basic beige (do you know how many shades of beige there are!?), but this morning room area is going to be a fantastic cranberry color.IMG_8460a I am so excited.  This is me ‘stretching’ myself artistically, and Hubby is being very gracious.  Spring is here… our trees are getting leaves! They look so pretty green!

IMG_8464

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love my wood floors. They're so easy to clean and they look beautiful. I especially like it with kids, they can't stain it!

Brooke said...

Good for you to stretch yourself artistically and for Hubby for letting you ; ) I miss the red walls in my old house. It's such a cozy and yet bold color all at the same time.