Saturday, August 23, 2008

Exhaustion

This has been an insanely busy few weeks. We have been house shopping, found a floor plan we love, signed with a builder, consulted an attorney, interviewed realtors, put our house on the market, got it ready to show... all the while working overtime to pay for all this, answering phones and scheduling for Jim and Brian's carpet cleaning business and getting ready for Juliana's shower. Ug. I leave Monday morning for CA and I will be gone for 2 1/2 weeks. It all sounds pretty straight forward, but it has been incredibly stressful for both of us. We keep praying that if this isn't something we are supposed to do that the Lord would show us, and so far there are no major roadblocks, so we'll wait and see. The builder won't start building until we sell our condo, and the contract gives us two months to do so. If our house doesn't sell in time, we'll just stay put, no harm done, we get all our money back. So we are praying about it and we'll just wait on the Lord. Again, easier said than done. I am so tired I am ready to collapse and I haven't packed a thing yet. Laundry is still piled high. I am looking forward to getting away for a while, spending time with family and being their for Juliana's wedding, but I will still be worrying over the house situation in the back of my mind. I can't help it, I worry about everything. Intellectually I know the Lord will work everything out, but we still try to be cautious and not put ourselves in a precarious position. Prayers are greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, so i thought you were going home to do some laundry or at least get some sleep and here you are on the internet!! :) have a wonderful trip and don't forget to come back...i can only work so many hours! be safe! Laura

Kedge said...

And here I thought you were living large in your spanking new laundry room! It will be good to see you (for the half minute that I do) and I hope and pray with you that every thing works out well.

Anonymous said...

It sure was great to see you again! Please keep us posted on how the house deal is coming along. We will continue to pray about it all. Joyce