Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Healthy As A Horse


I know, he is too cute for his own good. JakeJake is doing very well. We had a bit of a scare on Sunday when we found a 'squishy' spot near the back of his head. The doctor sent them to Loma Linda ER to get another CT scan, but they wanted to see the original scans first.. so they came home with no news. On Monday, doctor had them go to the local ER and they actually did another scan. They were able to get the originals and said that there were no changes and he looked great. There weren't any fractures near the spot of concern, therefore it was just a bruise-like hematoma under the skin and should go away after a while. His face looks great, he still has a little black under the one eye, but other than that he is as adorable as ever. He has got tons of energy too! Auntie has to take naps when they do- it's tough keeping up with those two boys! I am really going to miss them!! Yes, that is a hospital bracelet on his foot. He had a fit when I slipped it off his foot, he tried putting it back on. So we left it.

Our family has always had animals around. We were raised to love and care for our pets, and animals in general. From the time I could walk, we had pets. I remember a duck named Charlie, chickens, and numerous cats over the years named kitty, just to name a very few. As we got older, our animals got bigger. My little nephews are no different. If you don't have pets, you go catch something. They have a beautiful dog named Chester, which sounds like "Teh 'TAH" from Jacob. The influction in his voice sounds just like we do when calling the dog. Chester was bad this week though and killed the baby rabbit that Jim had been watching out the window lately. On a brighter note, Caleb has been collecting caterpillers! Not the fuzzy kind, he informed grandma, 'They pokey". He keeps some leaves in their bucket for food, and when they escape each morning, he finds a few more to replentish the bucket. Jim also found a lizard on the porch which is now in a fish tank in the living room. Caleb named him Algea. We aren't sure why. The bad part about Algea is that he eats crickets, live crickets. Bugs give Auntie the willies, but the lizard is fun to watch.

4 comments:

Glenda Conner said...

Wow...what an answer to prayer! Thanks for the updates H! Ü

They would love it here at the Conner Farm Ü were free and open to visitors!

The Chatty Housewife said...

I am really glad he is ok.

We always had animals growing up as well, they are so much fun. Do you have a photo of the lizard?

Kedge said...

Oh. I don't think I can remember all of our menagerie...cats and dogs of course, white rats, (but no snakes) guinea pigs, hampsters, parakeets, (my brother's I accidentally killed with my baby spoon) canaries, cockatiels, geckos, salamanders, and a turtle or two. The all american family zoo. We are so thatnkful he is healing, What a roller coaster!
Hard on Mommy's heart, I'm sure.

Anna-b-bonkers said...

Glad he is better! I was freaking out when I read the first posts the other day, my heart was so heavy.
This is so great, he is healing so well!!