Sunday, March 30, 2008

Anniversary Cruise

We had a great time on the cruise- a relaxing vacation. It was so beautiful! The water was 10 different shades of blue and the islands smelled wonderful with all the flowers in bloom. We left out of Ft. Lauderdale. It was a 5 day cruise and it stopped one day in Georgetown, Grand Caymen and one day in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. This was an anniversary/my 30th birthday present, and we had so much fun. I had a minor panic attack while trying to snorkel, but other than that, it was a great trip. Yes, for those of you who know me, I actually went snorkeling! As in, ALL the way in the water! I clung to a life ring and my life vest for dear life and after a while I was enjoying myself. And yes, I know how to swim, I just DON'T LIKE to. It was worth it though. I have always wanted to do it, I was just a big fraidy-cat. The water was a bit murky in Jamaica but we still got to see some really pretty fish, lots of different kinds of coral and that funky sea cucumber. For those of you who haven't cruised before, you should try it!! It really is a great deal (if you shop for deals and go in the off season), the food is gourmet, the views are spectacular and you don't have to keep packing and unpacking. I had everything in my head that I wanted to blog about, but life gets busy and I didn't have time to post.

No comments: