Monday, June 18, 2007

She did it!

I am so proud of my sister! She graduated from UCR this weekend with a Bachelors in Comparative Literature. The amazing news (well, not really amazing if you know my sister) is that she graduated Summa Cum Laude, which means she is in the top 2% of her class. She deserves it! She has been slaving away at her laptop for the past 4 years and has held a 3.98 GPA. Wow. Like I said, I am so proud of her. The graduation ceremony went off without a hitch, thankfully, since there was a bomb threat the day before and that ceremony was canceled. So, we cheered her on as she marched up in her dignified black robe and was handed a scroll that said "you will receive your diploma in the mail". Woohoo! I love you Dobug!

4 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Congratulations to your sis. How exciting!

ioi said...

Wow! What a great job! Congratulations Dobug!

Rebekah said...

Congrats to your lil' sis. Thats quite an accomplishment

Wadical said...

3.98, huh? Wow. Pretty impressive. I hope success continues to follow her.